Monday, July 9, 2012

The Hard Work Is Beginning

Edits - Love and Hate Relationship

As much as I love seeing the refined product my completed manuscript is turning into, it's not much fun to have someone poke holes in your work.  It's like taking medicine.  You love how you feel afterwards, but it's god-awful going down.  My wonderful wife has been such an amazing editor, pulling no punches.  I can only feel gratitude for the work she's done knocking my thoughts around in those pages.

Thank you sweetie!

I'm excited about this, really.  I actually wrote a book!  The ideas that have been rolling around in my brain for nearly a decade is getting put down, finally silencing the constant pecking sound they've been making in my consciousness.  It's like... exhaling after holding your breath for far too long.  Finally getting that thorn out of your finger after and hour of digging.  Finding that lone rock in your sneaker that kept magically appear when you'd walk, but disappear when you'd take your shoe off and look inside to find it.  I could go on, but I think you get the point.

Maybe the end of August 2012?  That's what we're shooting for.  Then the beta readers take over.

No comments:

Post a Comment