Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Sectors - The Great War



As I write my next novel, I find myself once again feeling lost.  Chapter 3 feels like it's just meandering along, with me trying my darnest to steer it back on course, but failing terribly.  That sounds really bad doesn't it?  But, a lot of my first book contained these instances as well, with me feeling lost and eventually finding my way back to the story I outlined so completely.  So, what am I nervous about it?  I can only chalk it up to it  feeling as if it's all out of my control, that's why... and I don't like that feeling.  I like feeling in control.

Sadly, the best moments of my creation are those moments I'm not in conscious in control of it.

So, I'm going to try something other than feeling stressed and angst-y.  I'm going to trust.  I will trust not only myself but also the inspiration I receive.  Trust is scary if you feel the need to control.  So I guess I should just let go.  Free myself from that desire and allow my creativity the freedom it deserves.

No comments:

Post a Comment