Thursday, June 5, 2014

Chugging along - Sectors: The Great War


It's not that hard... but sometimes it certainly feels that way.  Working on Sectors: The Great War has been slow.  Well, it feels that's it's been slow.  But it's to be expected.  Having twins (yes, my wife recently gave birth to our twin babies, Aaran and Ashima!  I'm in love all over again with her and them) has completely overhauled my life in the best ways possible.

It feels like my heart will burst when they look at me and smile!

Now that I've finished the rough draft of chapter 5, I've been getting myself back into the groove but that's accompanied by stops and spurts.  In spite this, I know I can't stop, because stopping becomes stagnation for me.  To stagnate will only result in me letting myself down.  So... I have to push on.  Like the little engine that could, I can't allow myself to quit because the task ahead feels difficult.

I can't quit at all!

My children need their dad to show them that with some elbow grease and effort, you can accomplish whatever your heart desires.

Well, they don't need me to do that... I want them to know I did that.  I want to be the dad that's a good example of the words he preaches.  I don't want to be a "do as I say, not as I do," dad.  They deserve better.  My wife deserves better.  I deserve better of myself.

Sectors: The Great War will be completed.  I'm make sure of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment